By purchasing goods from us you agree to our general terms and conditions.
All goods must be paid for before the consignment leaves us.
ACCEPTING THE DELIVERY OF YOUR ORDER
All deliveries must be signed for. Please note if your parcel is left at your request, without a signature, you forfeit your right to make any claim with ourselves or the courier in the event of loss or damage. We cannot request that the courier leaves the parcel without a signature. It is your responsibility to check your delivery for loss or damage.
If you have any problems with your order.
We have a legal duty to ensure that we deliver products that conform with your contract. In the unlikely event you are unhappy with your order then please contact us via email as soon as possible. This does not affect your legal rights.
We do accept returns. If a buyer changes their mind about a purchase and asks us to cancel an order, we can do this and issue a refund, providing that the order has not yet been dispatched. If a buyer requests to cancel an order after the goods have been dispatched or delivered to them, then the following returns procedure must be followed:
Returned items should be unused. You must take reasonable care of the goods while in your possession and they must be returned to us before we can issue a refund. We recommend that goods are returned using a signed for service. Refunds will be issued within 7 days of us receiving the returned goods for the amount of the goods returned. This includes any original delivery charge if all of the order is returned (not part). We do not refund the return postage costs unless the item is faulty.
- Goods will only be accepted for return if they are received within 28 days of delivery, unless we have notified you otherwise.
- You need to notify of us via email prior to returning the goods. This can be done via email or the online contact form within 14 calendar days after receiving your order and stating the reason for the return. Once we have received your email we will then provide our RETURNS address. Please do not send returns to our shop address in Yarmouth.
- The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. Therefore for your own protection we recommend that you send the parcel using a signed for delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods and that the goods are sufficiently wrapped to prevent damage.
- Goods must be returned to us unused and in good condition. Therefore please pack them carefully to avoid being damaged in transit.
- The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility. Please note that, with the exception of faulty items or goods damaged in transit, we are not responsible for return postage.
Please note:- Refunds for authorised returns will be processed within 7 days of receipt.
CANCELLING AN ORDER
We do accept cancellations and our cancellation procedure depends on a number of factors:
- If a customer changes their mind and asks us to cancel a purchase before we have dispatched it, we can do this and issue a full refund, providing that the order has not yet been posted.
- If a buyer requests to cancel an order after the goods have been dispatched or delivered to them, then our returns procedure must be followed.
- If a buyer refuses to accept a delivery from our courier because they wish to cancel the order, and the parcel is subsequently returned to us by the courier, then this will be treated as an unauthorised return.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish under the Consumer Contract Regulations 2014. You have the right to cancel the order 14 days after receiving your order. Please email us via the online contact form within 14 calendar days after receiving your order to notify us of the return and reason for this prior to returning the item. Once we have received this notification we will then provide our returns address. You will need to then return the item to us in its original condition within 28 days of receipt.
I have a fault with my item
If on a rare occasion an item should be faulty then simply contact us.
Your Order has not arrived. If your consignment has not arrived within the expected delivery timescale please contact us and we will be happy to track the item. Sometimes for reasons out of our control, deliveries can be delayed. We will do our best to help if this happens, but we cannot be held responsible for delays and we do not offer compensation for late deliveries.
Lost consignment. Unfortunately on very rare occasions, things can go missing. If a parcel appears to have been lost in transit, please contact us and we will contact our couriers and rectify the problem as soon as possible. We will be unable to replace or resend any order until this process has been carried out, and this can take up to fourteen days. If an item is confirmed as lost, then we will offer a full refund or alternatively a replacement.
Damaged consignment. If a parcel clearly arrives damaged/ opened then the customer must refuse delivery. We will replace any damaged order at no cost to the buyer, but only after the item is returned to us by the courier.
We aim to package the order to protect from damage in transit. However in the unlikely event the order is found to be damaged when the parcel is opened then the returns policy applies and we will replace any damaged order at no cost to the buyer or offer a full refund providing that the returns policy has been followed.
Failed Deliveries. If the customer has exhausted all delivery attempts, or failed to respond to a card to rearrange a delivery then the item will be returned to us. We are charged for all returns so if an order is sent back to us then we will contact the buyer for the return costs.
Conditions of Use
When you place an order with us it will be deemed that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms & Conditions, our Delivery and Returns Policy and our Privacy and Security Statement. If you are unhappy with any part of these terms and conditions, you should contact us before placing an order using the Quick Contact Form.
You may place an order through our website. By doing so, you are making an offer to Wight Island Glass to purchase the goods outlined in your order upon the terms described in your order.
When you place an order, we will require your name, email address, payment details, phone and address details. This information is required in order to process your request and inform you of acceptance of your order. A contact phone number/ email address is needed so that we can get in touch if there is a problem with your order.
After placing an order online, we will confirm that your order has been received but our contract for the sale of our products will only exist once an order has been accepted, processed and dispatched to you.
Please note that we will not be able to meet any obligations as a result of the following reasons:
- If the product you ordered is out of stock.
- We are unable to authorise your payment.
- If there is a product description or pricing error.
- If customers fail to meet order criteria outlined in the Terms & Conditions.
- If we are temporarily unable to deliver due to conditions that are beyond our control.
- Wight Island Glass reserves the right to reject any offer of purchase by you at any point.
Should there be a problem with your order, we will contact you either by phone or email. Please ensure that you check all items on receipt.
Please note that whilst we will make every effort and reasonable care to keep your order details and payment secure, we cannot be responsible for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any information that you supply when accessing or ordering from the Wight Island Glass website.
Product Pricing & Descriptions
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the product at the exact moment you place an order. The images shown online are for illustration purposes only and are not intended to be binding. All products may differ slightly in design and colour as they are individually handmade. Measurements are approximate.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- You may only use this website for lawful purposes and you may not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else’s enjoyment of the Website.
- You may not, without our prior written consent, copy, reproduce, crawl, frame, republish, download, print, post, distribute, re-post, broadcast, record, transmit, edit, communicate to the public, link to, deep-link into, or distribute in any way the web pages or materials on the website or the computer codes or elements comprising the website other than solely for your own personal use. You may not use the content of the website for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. Wight Island Glass uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, Wight Island Glass shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the Website.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
These Terms and Conditions and your use of our website are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. This does not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
This website and our Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom and under UK law. Whilst we are happy to consider requests for products and enquiries from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the use of this website or the placing of any order through this website from outside the UK complies with any applicable non-UK laws or regulations. Accordingly, any products or promotions not permitted under your local law are not offered to you.